RE: [Error number: 0x80070422]

Hello Barry,

The Vundo to be associated with the 1058 error 0x80070422
ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED

Perhaps there is your problem.

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>

First - ensure you do not have "Vundo". Clean it up if you do.
It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.

There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>

-=-

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Barry" wrote:

Hello I am having a problem downloading updates for windows. The above error
message is what I get. I follow the instructions to turn on automatic
updates an do everything right to no avail. I use Trend Micro security.
Could there be a conoction to this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

  • RE: error 1580
    ... The Vundo to be associated with the 1058 error 0x8DDD0018 ... Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software ... It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately ... damaged by a trojan (Vundo, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Code error 80244019 mean anything to anyone ?
    ... Scan your computer now online and clean it for free! ... It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately ... damaged by a trojan (Vundo, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: update error
    ... Scan your computer now online and clean it for free! ... It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately ... damaged by a trojan (Vundo, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: How do I remove Downloader virus??? Help!
    ... Since David Lipman identified the culprit as a trojan similar ... | to Vundo, you may want to run one of the Vundo fixes here: ... The Conhook Trojan uses a BHO and uses the Winlogin Notify key just like ... So you think the OP is clean and doesn't need to do anything ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)