RE: [Error number: 0x80070422]

Hello Barry,

The Vundo to be associated with the 1058 error 0x80070422
ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED

Perhaps there is your problem.

Scan your computer now online and clean it for free!
<http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/tryscanner.htm>

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315>

First - ensure you do not have "Vundo". Clean it up if you do.
It seems possible that your Windows installation has been deliberately
damaged by a trojan (Vundo, along any uninvited guests. (SDBot and ZLOB, all
protected by a rootkit.)) so as to prevent you updating your system or
removing the trojan.

A very good antimalware app are SUPERAntiSpyware and MalwareBytes.

There is a free version (on demand scanning only), the paid for version
includes active monitoring, similar to Windows defender:
<http://www.superantispyware.com/>
-=-

<http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php>

-=-

<http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html>
-=-

I hope this post is helpful.

Let us know how it works ºut.

Good luck

Ǝиçεl
-=-

"Barry" wrote:

Hello I am having a problem downloading updates for windows. The above error
message is what I get. I follow the instructions to turn on automatic
updates an do everything right to no avail. I use Trend Micro security.
Could there be a conoction to this? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
.