Re: Windows Update Problems

Hello again PA Bear, I have now uninstalled McAfee, re-started twice,
disabled Webroot for the duration of the Windows Update session. All to no
effect. I would point out that McAfee and Webroot have happily co-habitated
for the last couple of years with no ill effects. I still show no updates
required.
--
If beer is the answer, I''''m gonna love the question

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

have Windows XP Pro, to SP3 status, I have McAfee security installed as
well
as Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus

The fact that you have two (2) anti-virus applications installed and loading
at boot could have something to do with it. Uninstall one of them
(preferably the one you've not purchased; e.g., McAfee Security Center
freebie from your ISP?) via Add/Remove Programs, reboot twice, and see if
the behavior persists?

[Was MS Support aware of the fact that you had two AV apps installed?]

Were all components of McAfee Security (Center) and/or SS w/AV running in
the background when you installed WinXP SP3 roughly three months ago (I
assume)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Paul D UK wrote:
Hello, I'm having a rather trying time trying to get Windows Update to
work.
I have no visible problem, as I get no error message, but I have not
recieved a single update for roughly three months. I have raised a ticket
with Microsoft support, however after much playing around they came to the
conclusion that my machine was up to date. I beg to differ on this, i've
looked at the catalogue and this would suggest that I'm due quite a few. I
have Windows XP Pro, to SP3 status, I have McAfee security installed as
well
as Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus and now thanks to Microsoft I also
have
an AntiMalware checker. I've tried running Windows Update with these
services turned on and off with no success. Please can someone help me.
Thanks.

.