Windows Update Problems

Hello, I'm having a rather trying time trying to get Windows Update to work.
I have no visible problem, as I get no error message, but I have not recieved
a single update for roughly three months. I have raised a ticket with
Microsoft support, however after much playing around they came to the
conclusion that my machine was up to date. I beg to differ on this, i've
looked at the catalogue and this would suggest that I'm due quite a few. I
have Windows XP Pro, to SP3 status, I have McAfee security installed as well
as Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus and now thanks to Microsoft I also have
an AntiMalware checker. I've tried running Windows Update with these services
turned on and off with no success. Please can someone help me. Thanks.
--
If beer is the answer, I''m gonna love the question

  • Re: Windows update wont install but will download
    ... To resolve the issue, I recommend that you contact Microsoft support by ... There is no charge for support issues with Windows Update. ... they just wont install and all it gives is a error code if you go into the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Error message 0x80245003
    ... Microsoft support to troubleshoot your problem. ... Windows Update website, an error code 0x80245003 was received. ... The temporary folder of Windows Update has been corrupted. ... command in the opened window. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error Code 80073712
    ... To resolve the issue, I recommend that you contact Microsoft support by ... There is no charge for support issues with Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Why Windows Home server instead of NAS (like LaCie 2big Network)?
    ... No RAID; more expensive for the initial storage capacity. ... Microsoft support for 3-5 years via Windows Update. ... Con: Not expandable cheaply ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage)
  • Re: Error Code 80073712