Windows Update Problems

Hello, I'm having a rather trying time trying to get Windows Update to work.
I have no visible problem, as I get no error message, but I have not recieved
a single update for roughly three months. I have raised a ticket with
Microsoft support, however after much playing around they came to the
conclusion that my machine was up to date. I beg to differ on this, i've
looked at the catalogue and this would suggest that I'm due quite a few. I
have Windows XP Pro, to SP3 status, I have McAfee security installed as well
as Webroot Spysweeper with Antivirus and now thanks to Microsoft I also have
an AntiMalware checker. I've tried running Windows Update with these services
turned on and off with no success. Please can someone help me. Thanks.
If beer is the answer, I''m gonna love the question