Re: No updates since installing XP Pro SP3

Do another manual check at WU. When/if nothing happens, close IE.
Open the WindowsUpdate.log and post back with the *last* 50 or so lines of it, please: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Splash wrote:

Since installing SP3 onto one of my XP Pro PC I seem unable to receive any updates, either via automatic updates or by manually updating via IE7 - Tools - Windows Update.
When I reach the Windows update page and select "Express" I get the usual message telling me that it's checking for updates.
Then I always receive the comment:
"Download size (total): 0 KB"
"Estimated time at your connection speed: 0 minutes"
"No high-priority updates for your computer are available"
If I check the update history I can see my last update was:
Windows Update Agent 7.2.6001.788 - 14 November 2008 - via Automatic Updates I know there are some significant updates since this date, especially this week, yet I seem unable to receive them
I have a very fast professional Internet connection so no problems there, and I'm heavily protected with up-to-date antivirus software and hardware firewalls.
I've tried the procedure to manually register wups2.dll but this didn't work.
Clearly this PC, and several others behaving similarly are now rather vulnerable, so I would be very grateful for some suggestions on how to rectify the situation.
.