Re: Abrupt restart / hang

Please post the last 50 or so lines of the WindowsUpdate.log and be sure to include any entries that include FATAL or WARNING error codes:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

You can also obtain no charge support for installation or reliability issues with KB960714: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960714

" How to obtain help and support for this security update
For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552 "

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Chad wrote:

My computer is set for auto updates. At 5am this morning it started downloading the new IE update. After 20 seconds into the update, the computer acts as if I pressed the reset button. It just cycles until I disabled the update. Any suggestions? Thanks
.