Re: Abrupt restart / hang

Please post the last 50 or so lines of the WindowsUpdate.log and be sure to include any entries that include FATAL or WARNING error codes:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

You can also obtain no charge support for installation or reliability issues with KB960714: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/960714

" How to obtain help and support for this security update
For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. For more information about how to contact your local Microsoft subsidiary for support issues with security updates, visit the Microsoft International Support Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx?rdpath=4
North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=7552 "

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2009]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Chad wrote:

My computer is set for auto updates. At 5am this morning it started downloading the new IE update. After 20 seconds into the update, the computer acts as if I pressed the reset button. It just cycles until I disabled the update. Any suggestions? Thanks

  • Re: OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??
    ... If you really find IE6 better than current browsers, I would respectfully question your knowledge in that field. ... Sites will still open, and in many cases will look fine, but in others, float drop, the 3 pixel jog, and other "fun" assorted problems caused by the lack of support for the box model will cause problems. ... Client uses Amazon.com web site and a local public library web site. ... Microsoft actually has the chutzpah to publish a list of hundreds of web sites known to be incompatible with IE 8. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Error Code 737D
    ... no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. ... North American customers can also obtain instant access to unlimited no-charge e-mail support or to unlimited individual chat support by visiting the following Microsoft Web site: ... If you phone in be sure to specify that there is an installation issue with the *Security* update, ... For the last month it has been trying to install a update but appear to be failing each time the update it is trying to do is Security Update for SQL Server 2005 Service Park 3 ...
  • Re: Update fails again!
    ... You may receive an error message when you search for available updates on the Windows Update Web site or on the Microsoft Update Web site: ... no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY in the United States and in Canada or by contacting your local Microsoft subsidiary. ... support for security updates is available through your usual support contacts. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 8< Lack of Gardening scissors 8<
    ... * Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox. ... Better support for Mac OS X including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer. ... * New support for Web Standards including SVG, CSS 2 and CSS 3, and JavaScript 1.6. ...
    (uk.rec.sheds)
  • Re: OT-- do I really need to upgrade my IE 6.0??
    ... If you really find IE6 better than current browsers, I would respectfully question your knowledge in that field. ... Sites will still open, and in many cases will look fine, but in others, float drop, the 3 pixel jog, and other "fun" assorted problems caused by the lack of support for the box model will cause problems. ... Client uses Amazon.com web site and a local public library web site. ... Either because my client did not do it right or because "Compatibility View" is not truly IE 8 compatible, Amazon.com still could not be accessed. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)