RE: 3.5 in floppy drive

Perhaps read: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140060
Floppy Disk is Not Accessible, Not Formatted, or Not Recognized by Windows

Otherwise post to a more appropriate NG.

"DeepSea" wrote:

I run an older Gateway under Windows 98 and a newer Dell under XP. I use
either a flash drive or floppies to transfer data from one to the other. The
flash works OK, but the drive on the Dell has refused to recognize a disk
from the Gateway. (1) Is it the fault of incompatability of the OS's? (2)
Is it likely that either the controller or the disk drive have failed?
--
DeepSea
.