Re: Need Service Packs

SP2 and SP3 were downloaded on my computer and copied to a CD.
When I tried to install SP2 on the other computer, an error message appeared indicating that this is Not a Valid Win32 Application.
HELP!

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
Ignore the "for multiple installations only" warning.

Mort wrote:
> Thank you PA Bear for the quick response.
> I am running into the following problem:
>
> The new computer only has XP Home loaded (no Service Packs). It is not
> on any network as yet so it cannot be connected to the internet. I plan
> to download the service packs you suggested in your response to the
> desktop of MY computer and copy to a CD so that they can be transferred
> to my wife's computer.
> When trying to download SP2 as suggested, the site you list indicates
> that it is only intended for multiple installations. I went to Windows
> Update site, but I cannot find the SP2 download for a single installation.
> Where can I find the download I need?
>
> Thanx again for your help.
>
> PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
>> See these instructions in a recent related thread:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/msg/3f5afa8ed33e121c

  • ~~> DOWNLOAD SP2 <~~
    ... download windows sp2 no serial ... windows xp sp2 download network ... windows sp2 password recovery free download ...
    (sci.engr.semiconductors)
  • DOWNLOAD SP2
    ... Download Windows Xp Sp2 ... Sp2 Free Download ...
    (comp.realtime)
  • >>> SP2 DOWNLOAD <<<
    ... sp2 download fr ... microsoft windows 2003 sp2 download ... windows sp2 microsorft free download ...
    (rec.arts.disney.parks)
  • Re: Download.com being blocked
    ... do was download XP SP2 so I could GET the firewall loaded and running. ... applied, unless I wanted to install Linux on it, which I didn't. ... SP2 on it if your original XP cd dosn't have it on it. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: taskbar download icon
    ... Windows prompted me that i had updates to load so i clicked yes. ... I suggest you use the full SP2 installer instead of Windows ... Update to install SP2. ... SP2 is available at the Microsoft Download Center ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)