Re: Need Service Packs

Doubt you'll find SP1 - go for SP2 then SP3

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - download (for single PCs also)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

Keep the file in case you ever need it again.

Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2

For SP3 when ready -

Release notes for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"Alan" <somewhere@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Mort,

In order to install SP3, you need either SP1 or SP2 to first be installed,
.

So, if your XP is only at the XP 'Gold' level, first download and install
SP1 and then download and install SP3.

Alan

"Mort" <mortn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just reinstalled Windows XP Home on my old computer using the reinstall
disk that came from Dell. (It was totally bogged down and extremely slow).
Checking Properties, I see that no service packs are installed at all.

How can I download and install all 3 service packs (1, 2 and 3) on the
machine?

If I only download SP3 will that also install the others as well?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

.