Re: Need Service Packs

Doubt you'll find SP1 - go for SP2 then SP3

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - download (for single PCs also)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=049c9dbe-3b8e-4f30-8245-9e368d3cdb5a&displaylang=en

Keep the file in case you ever need it again.

Are You Ready for WinXP SP2?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxpsp2

For SP3 when ready -

Release notes for Windows XP Service Pack 3
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 3

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org
======================================
guarantees and doesn't give any rights.

"Alan" <somewhere@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Mort,

In order to install SP3, you need either SP1 or SP2 to first be installed,
.

So, if your XP is only at the XP 'Gold' level, first download and install
SP1 and then download and install SP3.

Alan

"Mort" <mortn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just reinstalled Windows XP Home on my old computer using the reinstall
disk that came from Dell. (It was totally bogged down and extremely slow).
Checking Properties, I see that no service packs are installed at all.

How can I download and install all 3 service packs (1, 2 and 3) on the
machine?

If I only download SP3 will that also install the others as well?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

  • RE: Lost My Desktop
    ... Some of this does not apply if you have Windows XP SP2. ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer) ... [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FTC Complaint filed
    ... There is no way to limit what M$ wants to install on your system because they hide the descriptions, ... And they don't need that particular download at all to put more copy protection code on your pc. ... I have long said, in my opinion and pre-Vista, that Windows 95 was the best OS Microsoft ever made. ... should be with your PCB software maker. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Files Gone???
    ... Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install SP1 ... Turn off email scanning in your antivirus software. ... Windows 2000 and Windows XP. ... Windows XP Service Pack 2 Resources for IT Professionals ...
  • Re: Norton Antivirus.