RE: Windows Update redirects to msn
- From: Tony Spada <Tony Spada@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 06:14:01 -0800
Go to the property of connection and refresh in automatic the TCP IP, then go
in msservices.msc and set in automatic automatic update.
I have a problem with Windows Updates. I get automatically redirected to
msn.com. I also cannot download pretty much anything else from microsoft.
I found some sites saying it could be a virus called Vundo but I don't have
any popups or registry key entries typically associated with that virus. I
ran AVG, Symantec, trendMicro and Microsoft's own online scan. None of them
picked up any viruses or spyware.
Someone else suggested that it may be a problem with one of the windows
updates I installed previously (they weren't specific on which one though). I
currently have Service Pack 3.
Any suggestions. Thanks.
- Prev by Date: Re: XP SP3 manual updates
- Next by Date: After Updates Antivirus Required 2nd reboot
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows Update redirects to msn
- Next by thread: Re: Update KB936181 "successful" almost daily since 8/14/07...