RE: Windows Update redirects to msn

Go to the property of connection and refresh in automatic the TCP IP, then go
in msservices.msc and set in automatic automatic update.
Enjoy!

"Ana" wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with Windows Updates. I get automatically redirected to
msn.com. I also cannot download pretty much anything else from microsoft.
I found some sites saying it could be a virus called Vundo but I don't have
any popups or registry key entries typically associated with that virus. I
ran AVG, Symantec, trendMicro and Microsoft's own online scan. None of them
picked up any viruses or spyware.
Someone else suggested that it may be a problem with one of the windows
updates I installed previously (they weren't specific on which one though). I
currently have Service Pack 3.

Any suggestions. Thanks.

  • Re: VIrus! :-(
    ... En la actualidad no existe ningun virus en funcionamiento para Ubuntu. ... No solo tengo los updates en automatico, ... Una vez que penetro, NO me era posible pasar el NOD32 en safe mode, ...
    (soc.culture.argentina)
  • Re: Stop error 0x0000008E when trying to install Windows Updates
    ... that has occured after a virus attack! ... with a fresh Windows install and everything worked fine. ... automatic updates everything works perfectly normal in the pc. ... I've had my system board replaced by Dell and its still there. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: VIRUS PROTECTION QUESTION
    ... posted a message that executed a virus. ... my antivirus program "saved the day so to speak." ... >> The same is true of the MS-Security Updates or anything else. ... >> user's setup and these boards are replete with such examples. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Error loading c:windowssystem32onmsnsmp.dll
    ... virus software it show this had a virus attached to it and ask if I wanted to ... After the updates have downloaded, ... Download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware Free for Home Users ... click the "Remove Vundo" button. ...
  • Re: Microsoft Patch
    ... That's probably because it contains the SWEN virus. ... It's good that you're keeping your antivirus updates up to ... software - but antivirus and firewall updates are essential as well. ... > I have downloaded, from Microsoft Updates, the Cumulative ...
    (microsoft.public.security)