Re: WindowsUpdate_0000057E" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

A1. Yes, kinda/sorta, but it won't tell you what the definition means!

A2. When trying to install what updates?

Tip: Insert your Office CD into the appropriate drive bay before attempting to install Office updates.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

gnlgates wrote:
Isn't there a place to find Windows Update error code definitions all in
once place?

Do you know how I can fix these when trying to install windows updates?

  • Re: 800703E7 error message
    ... I get this message when trying to install service pack 2. ... > Check for hardware driver updates? ... > Patches and Updates! ... > drivers for your hardware/operating system. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: win GAV,XP SP3,KB951784,KB951978,KB15597, updatesJuly 9th, sys
    ... One fireall and one anti-virus app loading at boot and running in the backgrounf at any given time. ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ... Windows and basic install info I may just format the HD and do a clean ... I took the system to just before the updates were installed... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: i cant update windows!
    ... > download, but at the very end of the process it says that the ... I havent been able to get any updates ... First - cleanup your machine and ready it for Service Pack 2. ... Then install Service Pack 2 from the downloaded install file (not the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: win GAV,XP SP3,KB951784,KB951978,KB15597, updatesJuly 9th, sys
    ... not the page load indicated on the browser)... ... would assume that the updates would be considered not installed... ... I do not have the system set up to install updates.. ... MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Desktop Experience - since 2002 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Do i need SP2?
    ... > I am running XP pro with all updates EXCEPT SP2. ... many patches will begin requiring SP2 to install.. ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)