Re: Update KB936181 "successful" almost daily since 8/14/07... MORE
- From: "MowGreen [MVP]" <mowgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 09:27:03 -0700
See this: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on Windows Update
If you can not rename msxml4.dll while in normal Windows mode suggest you boot to Safe Mode and rename it from a Command Prompt from within there.
The issue *migh* be caused by the installation of printer/all-in-one software after KB936181 was applied as it should be listed in Add/Remove Programs.
MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
For what it is worth, it is popping up every few hours. Also, I checked for installed software and I couldn't find it in the list via the Control Panel. The Belarc Advisor was used to scan for any missing security updates, and it flagged this as missing with a link to this URL:.
For what it is worth, there was NO such error flagged before I installed SP3 !!
The cited URL gives some specific steps, which I intend to follow when I get a few minutes of slack time; alas, work takes priority. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.
- Prev by Date: Re: Windows Defender, error 0x8007007E when stopping scan
- Next by Date: Re: Getting error 2350 while setting up USB device
- Previous by thread: Update KB936181 "successful" almost daily since 8/14/07... MORE
- Next by thread: Re: KB936181 - Anyone resolved the problem yet?