Re: Update KB936181 "successful" almost daily since 8/14/07... MORE

See this: Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181) may repeatedly appear in the update list on Microsoft Update or on Windows Update
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941729

If you can not rename msxml4.dll while in normal Windows mode suggest you boot to Safe Mode and rename it from a Command Prompt from within there.

The issue *migh* be caused by the installation of printer/all-in-one software after KB936181 was applied as it should be listed in Add/Remove Programs.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Websquad wrote:

For what it is worth, it is popping up every few hours. Also, I checked for installed software and I couldn't find it in the list via the Control Panel. The Belarc Advisor was used to scan for any missing security updates, and it flagged this as missing with a link to this URL:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q936181

For what it is worth, there was NO such error flagged before I installed SP3 !!

The cited URL gives some specific steps, which I intend to follow when I get a few minutes of slack time; alas, work takes priority. Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

.