Re: KB921596 do not install...

1. Download the update from this link (SAVE it to your desktop, don't RUN
it): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=bf566ce6-23da-45e5-9c2b-c47331d30e79

2. Insert your Office XP CD (if available) into the appropriate drive bay.

3. Double-click on the saved file to install the update; follow all prompts.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Zeezicht wrote:
I repeately receives an update KB921596 ... who do not install .. "Office
2002/XP KB921596: Beveiligingsupdate voor Microsoft Office XP " Mislukt =
Error.
If I click on this RED cross error ==> Installatie is mislukt
Foutcode: 0x57A
Probeer de update nogmaals te installeren
Meaning: Installation not sussesfull ErrorCode: 0x57A .. Try to reinstall ..
I als tries a manual update ... this is also not succesfull .. there the
error message is "cannot find the expected product version on your system
(in Dutch: kan de verwachte product versie niet vinden op het systeem).
Any ideas how to solve this?? Any help would be appreciates.
I am running WinXP Home NL - SP3 with all updates (except KB921506 here in
error..) So the Dutch version of WinXP.
Many thanks and greetings, Adelin

.