Re: Trying to update XP, but got a message about illegal version
- From: "Harry Johnston [MVP]" <harry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:39:53 +1200
I bought 4 years ago computer with installed XP Home Edition. I didn't get any CD's of XP. I have the legal product key, but now when I try to update XP or other Microsoft softwares I got a notice of illegal version.
When you say you're trying to "update XP" what exactly are you doing?
If you're trying to install updates via Windows Update, you should qualify for free support from Microsoft. Visit the Microsoft web site.
Boycott Beijing 2008 http://www.rsf.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=174
- Prev by Date: RE: windows update thinks my windows 2003 Server is a MAC
- Next by Date: Re: Error 1058 Windows Update Service Disabled
- Previous by thread: Re: Trying to update XP, but got a message about illegal version
- Next by thread: Re: Trying to update XP, but got a message about illegal version