RE: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330)

AnvilRaiser

Hi, im a new user of vista and when a download the this service pack, my
security dont recognise it. That can be a trouble in the future if this
driver is important.

"cajun_lost" wrote:

I am a new user of Vista on my new laptop. I keep getting this 'Important'
update from Windows Update for Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330). I have run
this update multiple times over the last few weeks with the same result.
After installing and rebooting I get into a loop which does not let Windows
start. I keep getting a message of a 'critical error' and the system reboots
within one minute. I've tried multiple 'solutions' to no avail. One solution
indicated that I needed to replace my hard drive. I have to go into Safe mode
and uninstall the update and then the computer works properly. Is anyone else
experiencing this problem? Is this service pack really that 'important'? I am
new to using Vista; I had no such problems when using XP on my desktop.

  • Re: DISASTER - VISTA - a NEW PROBLEM and this TIME ITS CRITICIAL
    ... There was a problem with the release version of Vista when copying files to/from a network drive. ... That problem was all but eliminated with service pack 1. ... I can achieve 16Mbps wghen copying a single file of 1GB+, problem is with smaller yet multiple files, once Vista encounters multiple file copy it is a disaster. ... I just can;t stand Progress bar lying to me, I liekd WinXP APPROXIMATELY informing me of time remaining, Vista made a circus out of "calculating time remaining". ...
  • Re: Microsoft Jet 4.0 Service Packs - Service Pack 8
    ... Service Pack website. ... It works on Vista. ... Do not install Jet 4.0 SP-8. ... See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Vista
    ... SP1 isn't "out" already, ... ImageAnswering a question about Vista and its impact on Intel's earnings forecast, CEO Paul Otellini spills, 'probably October-November' ... During the Q&A portion of an earnings conference call Tuesday, Intel CEO Paul Otellini was asked how Vista sales would impact his company's 2007 sales projections. ... happen when the Service Pack gets released in the fourth quarter time frame, probably the October-November time frame," said Otellini. ...
    (rec.boats)
  • Windows XP outshines Vista in benchmarking test
    ... Vista with the beta Service Pack 1 fails to keep pace with its ... New tests have revealed that Windows XP with the beta Service Pack 3 ...
    (rec.travel.europe)
  • Re: Cant seem to install XP Pro (Ver. 2002) onto new HP Quad Core
    ... I wouldn't need XP if the company I worked for would upgrade to Vista. ... "Update.exe" isn't the Service Pack, ... You need to download and use the full service pack: ... How does trying to install a legacy OS ...