Re: SP3 setup error

Boot to Safe Mode and log in with the Administrator account.
You need to edit the Permissions on
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents <---- this subfolder
[ The Security tab is available when logged in as Admin in SM ]

The Administrator account should have all Permissions checked except for
Special Perms.
System should have the same settings as the Admin account.
Everyone and Power Users have the same settings *EXCEPT* for Full Control.
The above settings are when Simple file sharing is Enabled.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

New Hope User wrote:

I am also having this problem. I set the sharing on C:/Documents and Settings/All Users/Documents to "share this folder on the network", then retried the copy of beethov9.wma from the Software Update Installation Wizard - and the /Documents folder is now gone.

I brought up the svcpack.log and the log tells me this:

1556.508: VerifySize: Unable to obtain Target file size: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Sample Music\Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo).wma 1556.588: UpdSpDecompressOrCopyFile error: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Sample Music\Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo).wma, Error = 00000005

and then a few lines down:

1561.595: UpdSpDecompressOrCopyFile retries failed: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\Sample Music\Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 (Scherzo).wma 1561.595: UpdSpDecompressOrCopyFile error: encountered an error:, Error = 0000007b

Please resolve (I can't believe this problem has not been resolved)... Try googling beethov9.wma

"Bill" wrote:

MowGreen,

Apologies. I must have accidentally created a new thread when I answered my
own question because my reply doesn't appear in this thread.

There was a problem with the file permissions with some folders in the
\\documements and settings\all users\ path not being set to allow access. When I added permissions to modify these folders -- SP3 installed without a
hiccup. Bill