RE: Microsoft Windows Update

Hello yetisnowman,

0x8024402c

-2145107924 WU_E_PT_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED Winhttp
SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x2ee7 error. Either the proxy server
or target server name can not be resolved. Corresponding to
ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service or reboot the machine
if you see this error frequently.
You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
the Windows
<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900936>
Windows Update error 8024402C
<http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/261ae42d-8c84-496e-88cb-a46dff5504611033.mspx>

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)
<http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131>

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
until April 14, 2009.

Good luck
- -- ---

"yetisnowman" wrote:

I get as far as downloading XP sp3, but when installing i get an error
message Error Code: 0x8024402C. How do I solve this?

"venice" wrote:

Microsoft Windows Update acan not update - error 1058

  • WindowsXP SP2 update questions
    ... I go thru all artical in this newgroup regarding windows update error ... I managed to solve the problem by add a proxy server using ... Please advise any solution's to workaround rather then change winhttpsetting ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Win Server 2003 -- 0x80072F78
    ... > deliver updates from Windows Update changed. ... > A) You do not know the proxy server name or its IP address and/or ... > C) You cannot find the above items specified in the LAN Settings of the ... > of Internet Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Update Error
    ... The proxy server settings on each client, for the service and not the browser ... Close all Internet browser windows, no matter what flavor, but maintain ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • New to XP problems
    ... long time Windows user since Windows 2.x:) but have stayed with 98SE as ... printers and one acts as a general file server and a proxy server to the ... rollback drivers etc. etc. just (as usual once DX ... Install goes smoothly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: MS Update error 0x80072EE2
    ... Windows XP accesses the Windows Update Web site by using Microsoft ... Windows HTTP Services (WinHTTP). ... manually configure the proxy server or configure ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)