RE: Microsoft Windows Update

Hello yetisnowman,

SendRequest/ReceiveResponse failed with 0x2ee7 error. Either the proxy server
or target server name can not be resolved. Corresponding to
ERROR_WINHTTP_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED. Stop/Restart service or reboot the machine
if you see this error frequently.
You may receive a "0x8024402C" error message when you scan for updates on
the Windows
Windows Update error 8024402C

Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 3 (All Languages)

Windows XP, but only for Service Pack 3 (SP3). This support for SP3 is valid
until April 14, 2009.

Good luck
- -- ---

"yetisnowman" wrote:

I get as far as downloading XP sp3, but when installing i get an error
message Error Code: 0x8024402C. How do I solve this?

"venice" wrote:

Microsoft Windows Update acan not update - error 1058

Relevant Pages

  • WindowsXP SP2 update questions
    ... I go thru all artical in this newgroup regarding windows update error ... I managed to solve the problem by add a proxy server using ... Please advise any solution's to workaround rather then change winhttpsetting ...
  • Re: Win Server 2003 -- 0x80072F78
    ... > deliver updates from Windows Update changed. ... > A) You do not know the proxy server name or its IP address and/or ... > C) You cannot find the above items specified in the LAN Settings of the ... > of Internet Explorer. ...
  • Re: Update Error
    ... The proxy server settings on each client, for the service and not the browser ... Close all Internet browser windows, no matter what flavor, but maintain ...
  • New to XP problems
    ... long time Windows user since Windows 2.x:) but have stayed with 98SE as ... printers and one acts as a general file server and a proxy server to the ... rollback drivers etc. etc. just (as usual once DX ... Install goes smoothly. ...
  • Re: MS Update error 0x80072EE2
    ... Windows XP accesses the Windows Update Web site by using Microsoft ... Windows HTTP Services (WinHTTP). ... manually configure the proxy server or configure ...