Installing SP3 for WindowsXP

I downloaded SP3, but run into problems when installing. I did successfully
install on my laptop (Windows Professional) but the problems occur on my
desktop (Home version). Halfway down the installation process I get various
application errors (UpdDlg.exe, rundll32.exe, MyUrsSrv4.7.0.566 to name
three, all with the naration:"instruction at 0x5a00d0e0 referenced memory at
0xe5e66544. memory could not be read".
I hope someone could tell me how to overcome this. Thanks Herman

  • Re: Windows Update Error Message
    ... After installing about 30 or so, I kept getting this error message: ... 'The instruction at 0x5a00ce78 referenced memory at 0x7b9870ff. ... All incoming & outgoing emails and files scanned by NOD32 AntiVirus ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: What went wrong, how to fix?
    ... > My operating system is WindowsXP, my security suite is McAffee 2005 ... > Right after installing XP Service Pack 2, ... > application error "The instruction at OXO15c113c referenced memory at ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • memory could not be read errors in IE6
    ... The instruction at "0x6c371c65" referenced memory at ... All PCs are running Windows xp2 I've tried ... installing all windows updates, I've checked all security ... if there is a fix. ...
  • XP sp2 error
    ... installing XP sp2 I find that I now cannot delete any ... icon and then file menu without getting error. ... The instruction at "0x00ffa9fb" referenced memory ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: [opensuse] Is it fair to conclude that......
    ... considered for my laptop. ... Funnily enough after installing 11.2, ... Windows Manuals^W^Wprinted-out Windows helpfiles? ... Complex commands get "scripted" or aliased away. ...
    (SuSE)