Re: Failure to Install Error Code 0x80244018

Yes, I had read the KB article. I had hoped not to bypass the proxy server,
but instead include the appropriate HTTP content type in my allowed list.
But failing that I went ahead and bypassed the proxy for the download sites
included in the KB article. The Windows update for the two failed updates is
now working fine. It is interesting that without the change some updates
were working. For some reason it appears those two updates have a different
HTTP content type from others.

Thanks. Problem solved.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Did you read the KB article or just the title I posted?

john_poindexter wrote:
That's not exactly true. It depends on your settings for the proxy server
and that is what I'm trying to find out. Some updates going through the
proxy are working fine, but these two are not. I suspect they have
different application settings.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

You cannot download updates when you access the Windows Update Web site
from a Windows
XP-based computer that is behind a firewall or a proxy server
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896226
[Error number: 0x80244017], [Error number: 0x80244018], [Error number:
0x80244019], [Error number: 0x8024401B], [Error number: 0x80244021]
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

john_poindexter wrote:
Having trouble installing updates for Windows Server 2003: KB941644 and
KB943485. Have tried in auto and manual modes serveral times now.
Other
updates are installing without problems.

I have recently enabled an HTTP Proxy and suspect that may be the
problem
if
the application type for these two updates is different from others.

Anybody know what the application type is for these two updates? Is it
different from other usual updates?

  • Re: Error 0x80072EEF on Win XP SP1 and Win 2003 SP1
    ... This happens when a proxy server blocks access to a general site ... download the updates while you are not connected to the Internet. ... >> When searching for available updates on the Windows Update site, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: ServicePointManager does not support proxies of HTTPS scheme
    ... I think the term proxy is what is adding some confusion. ... There is an HTTP ... proxy server somewhere in your environment that is saying it will not pass ... the browser typically switches to port 443. ...
  • Re: Error number: 0x80240030
    ... If you have a proxy server can you add the Windows update site to the ... Open your Internet Explorer browser ... Under the HTTP 1.1 settings ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Failure to Install Error Code 0x80244018
    ... But failing that I went ahead and bypassed the proxy for the download sites ... It is interesting that without the change some updates ... HTTP content type from others. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: ISA 2000 on SBS/Windows 2003
    ... You're best to configure the proxy settings in the bro or create a packet filter allowing TCP-80 (HTTP) outbound. ... Jim Harrison [ISASE] ... as adaware which downloaded the updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.isa.configuration)