Re: Error 0x80073afc "Resource Loader Failed to Find MUI" on hotfix

On Nov 13 2007, 8:41 pm, trav92 <tra...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
Hi,
I'm running Vista Business 64-bit, and I have had no major problems.
Recently, I downloaded a hotfix, and when I tried to install it came up with
error code 0x80073afc "Resource Loader failed to find MUI file".  I searched
the net and found a solution saying to restart the computer a few times.
This did not work.  I tried to clean up and make sure there were no
interfering programs as well.  Another post said to deactivate windows
defender.  I am not completely sure how to do this (I tried ending the one
process I saw that mentioned defender with no success).  I read there may be
a way to manually install the hotfix without wusa using some sort of package
manager, and so if nothing else could someone advise me how to do this.

Thanks

Hi Did you manage to solve this problem-I have the same error

thanks in advance

  • Dont forget set Target framework for Project to 3.5: ADO.NET Entities Failure (RTM)
    ... Install VS 2008 SP1 ... Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Office ... If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically. ...
  • Re: ADO.NET Entities Failure (RTM)
    ... Install VS 2008 SP1 ... Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Office ... If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically. ...
  • Re: ADO.NET Entities Failure (RTM)
    ... I have not knowingly installed any Beta packages but I do recall one general Hotfix ... Install VS 2008 SP1 ... Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Tools for Office ... If you later install a more recent service pack, this hotfix will be uninstalled automatically. ...
  • Re: Delete files inside $hf_mig$ ?
    ... bitwyse wrote: ... install updates again!!! ... driver, or feature pack installs GDR version files, the hotfix ... CatRoot2 can become corrupted and that is the ONLY catroot subfolder ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: how can we migrate 2000 to 2003 without rejoin user to new domain
    ... Note To install this hotfix on Windows 2000-based computers or on Windows ... Send the .cab file directly to me. ...