Re: Error Code: 0x80131700

Is Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366) listed in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel ?
If yes, try to Remove it.
IF it is not, are there any other updates listed for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 ?
If yes, try to Remove them starting with the last one listed.
When all of the updates/hotfixes have been Removed or there are none listed, click on Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 and click the Change/Remove button.
Choose to Repair the .NET Framework installlation.

If that can not be done successfully, then follow the steps here to remove it but *DO NOT* reinstall .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 :
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2005/10/11/479928.aspx

When you're done, redownload, save, and then install .NET Framework 1.1 from the link on the above page, NOT through Windows Update.
Restart the system and then revisit Windows Update, choose CUSTOM to see which updates are offered for it. Write down the KB number(s).

Next, go to the Microsoft Download Center, enter the KB number(s) of the update(s) in the Search field, download, and save them.
Close ALL open programs and browsers.
Now install it/them, restarting the system when requested to.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Mustafa wrote:

Hi I have the same problem
I couldnt install the update called as
"Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)" I try the solution you gave but at that time the error mesages
"This application has failed to start because fusion.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." and then "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll couldnt be loaded" appears.
I would like to learn how could I solve this problem.
My AV software is Nod32, but I close the application before the procedure. Thanks for your attention.

Mustafa

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

Which antivirus, firewall, and/or security software [popup blocker; ActiveX/script blocker,etc] is installed ?

Temporarily disable the installed AV from actively monitoring the system. Please consult the Help file of said AV or visit the manufacturer's web site if you need assistance doing this.

Then see if you can manually download KB928366 from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=281fb2cd-c715-4f05-a01f-0455d2d9ebfb&DisplayLang=en
NOTE: **** NOT FOR VISTA***

Save it, do not run it from 'it's present location'.
When the download completes, close the browser and any other open programs.
With the AV still completely disabled, install NDP1.1sp1-KB928366-X86.exe
Restart the system if requested to.

Reenable the AV now.
If you feel the system is at risk while connected to the net with the AV temp disabled, disconnect the system after KB928366 has downloaded and then install it.
Then reenable the AV and reconnect.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

tirgis1 wrote:

Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 (KB928366)

I've been trying to download this update for weeks now with no success, can anyone help me out? Help Please

I keep getting Error Code: 0x80131700

.