Re: Windows Installer 7.0.6

ive just tried to install the agent windows x86 based system which is what i
have and got the following error code 0x800703f9

"TaurArian" wrote:

It would be helpful if you could tell us more about the error codes. We can't assist if we
don't know what is the problem.

AgentWindows, x86-based systems
http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe

Windows, x64-based systems
http://download.windowsupdate.com/WindowsUpdate/redist/standalone/7.0.6000.381/WindowsUpdateAgent30-x64.exe

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"barrie" <barrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| Evening all
|
| Can someone please point me in the right direction, I cant download the
| windows software installer 7.0.6000.381 I think that this is the main update
| software to get windows updates. Is there any way i could install a previous
| version of this to get it to work. Im using vista home basic. I am also
| getting numerous different error codes aswell there is too many to list
| hahaha.
| PLease help.......
|
| My email is barriepiper42@xxxxxxxxxxx
|
| cheers in advance

  • Re: Please Help-windows will not update -desperate
    ... Before you install IE, make sure you read the release notes: ... | Security assessment: Potential Risk ... | Windows Security Updates: 1 service packs or update rollups are missing. ... | Definition Update 1.14.1940.2 for Windows Defender Error Code: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: P4C800-DELUXE XP Install Problems --- Hanging
    ... Windows Install Guide by Mr Steveo from ABX Zone Website. ... Additionally, if you have a Springdale or Canterwood chipset motherboard, ... Install chipset INFs before any video or sound drivers. ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: Checking for the latest updates....
    ... It's a good idea to install them now and then check again, ... Microsoft Windows XP ... Windows XP Service Pack 1 ... Security Update for Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: KB896344 fails to install
    ... Windows XP ]. ... to install an update agian without providing a method of doing so!). ... The big problem i've got here with the posted instructions is that they seem ... Error Code: 0x8007f0ea. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Error 2738 / Error 0x80004005
    ... I am having the exact same problem with Vista trying to install I Tunes. ... Did that and got error code 0x80004005 "The module vbscript.dll was loaded ... Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Shell/User] ... Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. ...