Re: Microsoft Update Error Code 800706BA

MS finally came out with a solution... follow this link:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940520

It worked like a charm!!! I'm no longer getting the error (800706BA) AND
was able to update my laptop.

Good luck!

D~

"Rebecca Ripple" wrote:

Yes, I tried that. It didn't work, either.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

Did you try to run the program by right klicking it and choosing run as
administrator?

"Barb C" <Barb C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I uninstalled McAfee also, but it didn't change anything. When I hit the
try
again button it tells me I need administrator permissions, but I am the
administrator. That is the one and only active type of account on this
computer. I tried to go in and manually start some of the Windows
services
that seemed relevant, but that didn't do any good at all. If anything,
I'm
getting that 'Host Process for Windows Service stopped working and was
closed' etc. message even more often.

I can't get updates, I can't change my security settings, and since I
uninstalled McAfee, I have little or no protection.

Any help anybody can give would be great. Thanks!

"Rebecca Ripple" wrote:

This didn't help me. Microsoft, we need a solution! Help!

"Happy in ATL" wrote:

I uninstalled the entire McAfee security suite. After rebooting the
computer, windows update started working. Hope this helps others!

"Rebecca Ripple" wrote:

I reinstalled Windows Vista Home Premium, a genuine copy which came
bundled
with my new Toshiba a few months ago. Before I reinstalled, I was
able to
update the old installation as easy as the next person, but now,
after the
fact, I see an error message coded "800706BA" whenever I try to start
the
update service. It appears that something is preventing the
Background
Intelligent Transfer Service from starting properly.

I'm more than a little bit worried about this, as I can't even
install
updates manually fro the Download Center. The same error occurs when
I try.
Please, I hope someone will answer this post with a solution. I
appreciate
any attempts to help. Thank you!

Rebecca

  • Re: Windows XP Home-Edition Compaq Presario 700 Portable PC
    ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password blank. ... Another option is to install Windows XP on another partition and take ... You could also perform another installation on the same partition, ...
  • Re: On-going issue w/word 2000 and Vista home Premium
    ... Repairing the installation has not worked ... You probably have to log in as an Administrator in order to remove the programs that you mentioned. ... I cannot open a word doc from windows explorer but all works when I open the program 1st (many of the fixes for this issue revolve around Office 2007 and Windows7 not Office 2000 Professional and Vista ...
  • Re: Microsoft Update Error Code 800706BA
    ... "Rebecca Ripple" wrote: ... again button it tells me I need administrator permissions, ... I tried to go in and manually start some of the Windows ... update the old installation as easy as the next person, but now, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: SDTable
    ... But this rootkit does not care if you reinstall your OS. ... It is some form of ROM rootkit, because after installation, if I set ... I have installed windows, then installed a debian/ubuntu based Linux ... Administrator user" or asking me if my Windows update has been turned ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Lost Admin Password
    ... at what point during the installation do we do partition if we want to have ... do we do it after the installation of the OS. ... Once Windows starts loading, you've missed it and will have ... You'll have an option to log on as Administrator. ...