Re: Windows XP Crash on Boot after KB936357 Update

thanks for putting the ms phone number up. i called them to let to let them
know kb936357 gave me a blank or blue screen and i had to reinstall windows.
the only thing they told me though was what i already knew. dont install
kb936357.

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

That particular update was for "Intel processors". Another posted that she had problems
the "BSOD".
She managed to get back into working order with either system restore or last known
configuration and has reported the same to MS.

How to obtain assistance from MS Support

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from Microsoft Product
Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for support calls that are
associated with security updates or using Automatic Updates. When you call, clearly state
that your problem is. Note any error codes etc.

In other countries, see http://support.microsoft.com/security
"No-Charge Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu for
localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues, visit the
International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

--
TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

.