Re: Manually verify Windows patch MD5 checksum?
- From: "Michael Jennings" <metarhyme@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:30:54 -0500
You want the known good checksums on updates.
I recollect that patches used to give checksums in the technet manifests,
but I can't find any of that now. On the MUcat site, clicking " help " will
turn up a couple of communication options. Try asking MUcat beta?:
You already have the tool to compute checksums?:
"Ed Flecko" <EdFlecko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:44CD45E9-2DB4-43AB-B621-97579A7ED93C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'd like to be able to confirm that a downloaded patch from Microsoft has
not been altered.
If I manually download a patch from Microsoft and compute an MD5 (or SHA)
checksum value, does Microsoft have a (online?) resource to compare my
computed value to theirs and verify patch authenticity?
- Prev by Date: RE: Vista Updates affect Windows Media Center
- Next by Date: disabled/looking for FREE spyware/addware blockers
- Previous by thread: Re: Optional update for cxt-modem Hdaudio soft data fax modem with sma
- Next by thread: Re: Manually verify Windows patch MD5 checksum?