Re: KB926436 MS07-011

Darrell,

Not here. Check the msvcrt.dll to see which version it is, please. My system, XP Pro SP2, shows it at Version 7.0.2600.2180. It was last modified August 03, 2004, so I think it was installed with SP2.

Not sure what oledlg.dll has to do with this issue as that's the only file 'updated' from KB926436.

Just what is this 3rd party application and can it run with the above mentioned msvcrt.dll ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2007]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

Darrell Haslam wrote:

After the updates released on 13 Feb 2007 were automatically installed on my computer, I now receive the following error when trying to run a third-party application: "The procedure entry point _resetstkoflw could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll"

After carrying out some testing, I have isolated patch KB926436 as the cause of this problem. After removing this patch (and leaving all of the other patches that were rleased on 13 Feb installed) the software starts fine.

I'm guessing that this patch replaces msvcrt.dll (though the documentation only mentions Oledlg.dll being replaced).

There are several knowledge base articles that mention the above error message and most seem to state that the problems are caused by incorrect versions of the msvcrt.dll file.

Has anyone else encountered similar problems ?

.