RE: Flash update fails

I tried these suggestions but it didn't help. I forgot to add that I do get
the gold information bar, and have been, on other ocasions. I can't get it
for this Adobe Flash download.

"TaurArian" wrote:

reference: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/web/sp2_infobar.mspx

"TaurArian" wrote:

Check these settings -

IE, Tools, Pop-Up Blocker, (Turn on Pop-Up Blocker if it's off)
now check Pop-Up Blocker Settings, and check the box, "Show Information Bar
when a pop-up is blocked", click the "Close".
If it was already checked, uncheck it, "Close", then go back and recheck it.

Close IE, now restart IE and try again.

"ducati650" wrote:

I tried everything in security at the default settings. If been to those help
sites and did what they suggested. I still hang up at the install screen
because there is no gold bar where I can tell it to accept the install.

"TaurArian" wrote:

more info:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_19166
or easy link: http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

"TaurArian" wrote:

Have you changed any settings in the security tab in IE?
Perhaps reset to default. (Tools/internet options/security).
Also clear out any Temporary internet files, restart IE.

"ducati650" wrote:

I used the uninstaller and it said it was successful. I then went to the site
you gave and downloaded Flash. Just like before, I got a screen saying if I
got a security alert I would need to click the gold bar under the adress
window of my browser. There was no bar to click nor was there any way out of
that screen except "BACK". Back took me back to the Adobe install screen
with the Yahoo option.

"TaurArian" wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14157
How to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player plug-in and ActiveX control
Due to recent enhancements with the Flash Player installers, you are now
only able to uninstall by using the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller
Then get Flash here: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/

"ducati650" wrote:

My automatic update for the flash security problems fail to install. I went
to addresses listed in earlier posts and try to install from the Adobe site.
I select Install after de-selecting Yahoo. I get a new screen saying I need
may need to click the gold bar at the top of my browser. There is no bar
shown. This screen shows a picture of an IE security warning with
instructions but there is nothing to do or click. I turned off Pop-up
blocker, no difference. I went to the IP professional Microsoft site and
tried to do it from there. No success. I downloaded the file and installed
it. It says there is a mismatch between the player and the update.
I went to another site and downloaded Flash Player 9.0.16 on my laptop and
transferred it to my desktop. I installed it. A site that needs Flash 8 or
newer tells me I still need to install Flash 8. The updates still don't
install. I tried it with norton turned off and all the IE security stuff I
can find set low.
Help?

  • >>>> INSTALL FLASH <<<<
    ... Can't Install Flash Without Administrative Privileges ... Install Flash Player ... Install Adobe Flash Player ...
    (talk.politics.misc)
  • Re: Page Cannot be Displayed
    ... Script Debugging Problem ... Where to get the JAVA VM ... Sun also offers an automatic download and install of the 1.4 Java plug-in ... It may, however, be Shockwave Flash related, try the following: ...
  • Re: trusted sites
    ... Script Debugging Problem ... checks whether the browser can handle Shockwave Flash so I suspect there may ... There is good information concerning all aspects of the Java situation here: ... Sun also offers an automatic download and install of the 1.4 Java plug-in ...
  • Re: Anybody know how to nuke Adobe?
    ... Adobe Reader BTW, but for Flash Player. ... some programs won't install correctly in the normal ... The installer can prompt the ... Redirecting the user to a web site to then manually obtain a new ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Advice please: NAS for home use?
    ... have to install and configure the SAMBA components off your own bat ... If you do that, though, the Flash becomes asingle ... If you want the OS to use flash media as the boot disk, it needs to be optimised to avoid premature wear on the storage cells by moving the scratch files to normal magnetic media. ... As regards this 'single point of failure', with FreeNAS it's not a serious issue provided you've got a configuration backup file that's still current. ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)