Re: Net Framework Version2.0

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 05:11:02 -0700, Kestrel <Kestrel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I managed to install all updates apart from the following
Microsoft.Net Framework Version 2.0 (KB917284)
Can anyone help I keep getting an Installation Failure Message

Anne

I believe you meant KB917283...

Click Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> click Microsoft .NET
Framwork 2.0, and select "Repair". See if the update install now.

If that fails to fix it, then download the "dotnetfx_cleanup_tool", Run it, and use the spin
box to remove Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0. Leave version 1 alone. After it uninstalls and
reboots, go to Windows Update and it will show that Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 needs to be
installed. After that, the update for it (KB917283) will install correctly.
http://astebner.sts.winisp.net/Tools/dotnetfx_cleanup_tool.zip

  • WindowsUpdate_00000643
    ... while trying to install "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, ... I updated my Sony notebook to Vista from Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • "WindowsUpdate_00000643" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"
    ... while trying to install "Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, ... I updated my Sony notebook to Vista from Windows XP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: kb928365 & kb928366 install errors from 7-10-2007 microsoft update
    ... I CAN NOT uninstall net 1.1 even though it shows up in control panel ... neither does 2.0 of microsoft .net. ... Also you need to keep the 3 versions of .net framework on your computer ... could not install the July 10 security update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Service pack 3
    ... Version 1.1 Service Pack 1 ... The next step is to install the update in the safe mode. ... installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft Update, or by ... install Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Outlook & Update problems
    ... Windows Update detects whether these packages are installed. ... To remove the hotfix, click Microsoft ... Update Web sit to download and install Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition ... Step 2: Remove .NET Framework ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)