Re: Genuine Windows ActiveX NOT Listed as Add-On

Good idea. I think I used this site long time ago and for all I know, it's
still installed from way back when. Can you tell me which control in the
list is the pcpitstop test control? I can't immediately recognize it.

And how do you delete it from within Manage Add-ons? I can see where you
enable/disable but not delete. Do I need to use an ActiveX manager?

"Robin Walker [MVP]" <rdhw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Pete Beach <petes457@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

3. I know that site also (http://www.pcpitstop.com/testax.asp) and my
browser works perfectly with it. Just tried it again and it works
fine. Loading ActiveX and scripting.

If you now delete the ActiveX add-on from your PC (using Manage Add-ons),
can your browser still reload it afresh?

--
Robin Walker [MVP Networking]
rdhw@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Are Java and JavaScript really so malicious for Windows system
    ... >> I was referring to ActiveX. ... >>> Whatever the browser, once you break out of the sandbox, your account is ... I use FF/TB in a limited account for everyday work. ... I use many extensions in FF/TB. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Windows Explorer Hangs...Why?
    ... is trying to connect and download the page but nothing happens. ... But assuming you are a serious and you have trouble with your browser! ... Click on General Tab and you will see a Button called ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ...
  • Re: Someone look at this HijackThis log, please?
    ... Of course you'll need a browser to replace it, ... document object modeling as well as any other javascript or activeX ... Getting rid of IE will get rid of this. ... McAfee, you could end up with the gross system instabilities that McAfee ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: field validation (was Re: COBOL/DB2 Date edit question)
    ... that amount of time on the "Cross Browser" problem.. ... My web site neither depends on nor uses ActiveX that would be downloaded to ... a Client (I certainly use COM and ActiveX on the server). ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: field validation (was Re: COBOL/DB2 Date edit question)
    ... that amount of time on the "Cross Browser" problem.. ... My web site neither depends on nor uses ActiveX that would be downloaded ... a Client (I certainly use COM and ActiveX on the server). ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)