Re: 905474 again?? Windows Genuine Advantage Notification

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
The new WGA update corrects some issues. It is safe to install.

But it will not be uninstallable like the one the OP currently has installed without resorting to a clean install. To uninstall that one, MS gives the following KB:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921914/en-us

Alias

Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en

Microsoft Genuine Advantage Privacy Statement
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/PrivacyInfo.aspx

  • Re: 905474 again?? Windows Genuine Advantage Notification
    ... installed without resorting to a clean install. ... To uninstall that one, ... buried in the kernel instead of stuck on with masking tape. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 905474 again?? Windows Genuine Advantage Notification
    ... After reading the KB92191 info I verified that I do have a ... installed without resorting to a clean install. ... To uninstall that one, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 2007 setup/ Remove 03 first?
    ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | Prior to the creation of the Windows Installer Cleanup utility I ... || clicking Uninstall yielded the same "patch package could not be ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: RealPlayer uninstall problem
    ... "Uninstall component missing" Real.com support ... Performing a clean install of RealPlayer ... Thank you, Brian. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)