Re: Update Failure for Framework 1.1 SP1 etc...

Sean,

Have you tried the resolutions listed here ? :

How to troubleshoot Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 installation issues
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/824643

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2006]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Sean wrote:

Can't figure out what the problem is here. None of the offered resources were of any help either, short of the OL assistant.

Running XP Media Edition on a brand new Dell XPS600. Only one update available at the moment.> Framework 1.1
Update downloads no prob but fails to update the OS or somethin. Error Code: 0x643

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

  • RE: Contact manager installation
    ... Subject: Contact manager installation ... As you are only using POP3 account, there is no matter which BCM version you used. ... follow the steps below to reinstall the .NET framework to see if it works. ... It is mostly caused that the BCM is disabled in Outlook or BCM is not added in Outlook. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.installation)
  • Re: Trouble installing .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
    ... How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and whether service packs have been applied ... install all .NET Framework versions manually using the download links on the page. ... telling me I canceled the installation. ... Retry brings the same box up and cancel stops the install completely. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 leftover folders
    ... running the .Net Framework Setup Verification Utility. ... perform a set of steps to verify the installation state of one or more ... Task Manager but the folder remains. ... ..Net then reboot the computer. ...
  • Re: Do I need Microsoft .NET Framework?
    ... party apps work, you're good to go. ... As for other net framework versions, each one has its own general ... 3rd party application is usually provided by the installation package ... Unlike 3rd party software whose subsequent versions were essentially the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Do I need Microsoft .NET Framework?
    ... Its extremely doubtful that a 3rd party application would need more than one version of Net Framework. ... Net Framework that works as is with a specific 3rd party application is usually provided by the installation package of that 3rd party software. ... Unlike 3rd party software whose subsequent versions were essentially the same product that did the same identical job, Net Framework subsequent versions are not fitting strictly into that assumed defintion when a user downloads in that former assumption. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)