Re: vbs.generic.278

From: "paul" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| i cannot download any updates or use my norton antivirus this virus has
| turned of all active x updates and will not allow me access to my pc user
| accounts any help would be great also i cannot use system restore

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Did NAV detect "vbs.generic.278" ?

Reboot the PC into Safe Mode and try scanning with NAV in Safe Mode.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

  • Re: TrojanDownloader Virus
    ... I got lucky and found my config utility in my help support ... Then I used my NAV to scan my virus holding file, it did and quarranteed it, ... > Various systems may boot in safe mode using different keys. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Browser Hijack
    ... you must have the most recent updates for these programs. ... >> Try scanning in Safe Mode. ... I believe NAV 2004 has that function, ... > Spybot Search & Destroy doesn't find it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How do I remove Downloader virus??? Help!
    ... that's the only name NAV will give me. ... Trojan Horse virus and that it's called "Downloader". ... If the file is in use and can't be deleted or renamed in Safe Mode, ... If Ewido doesn't find anything, do as I also suggested and run HijackThis ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: NAV
    ... > manually),I do updates on a regular basis for both NAV ... I even did a update and scan yesterday and NAV ... NAV is an anti virus program, ... Unless you actually got an AVG notice that it cleaned a viral infection, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Bloodhound.exploit.6 Trojan
    ... NAV and Yahoo Anti-spy and spyblocker. ... program informed me I had a virus on my computer called ... start/run/type regedit I found the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ... into safe mode. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)