Re: trojan virus PLEASE HELP!

From: "rachel" <rachel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

| i have a trojan virus in my computer.is there any way to take care of it
| myself without paying for it?? as in doing it manually through my own home??
| someone please email me @ sheedevil9775@xxxxxxxxxxxx
| thank you!
|
| Rachel

Rachel:

This is the wrong News Group. This News Group is for discussing the Windows Update service
for distributing and installing critical and other updates for the OS.

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

How do you know you have a Trojan on your PC ?
What anti virus indicated that you have one and what name did that AV software give it ?
In addition, what was the fully qualified name and path to the file found to have this
unamed Trojan ?

If you post to UseNet with your TRUE, not a munged, email address then you have invited the
swen Internet worm [aka; W32/Gibe-F] to visit you.

The Swen is news spelled backwards. The reason it is called this is because the Swen worm
harvests email addresses from UseNet News Groups. It has an engine that allows it to post
itself to UseNet News Groups and well as it has its own email engine. From the list of
email addresses that it has harvested, it will then email itself to those addresses.

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor?s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT