RE: What are the "hidden" updates?

Sounds like a typical Microsoft screwup to me. Conspiracy? Like the one that
claims that in the middle of the XP license agreement it says "I sign my soul
over to Microsoft/Bill Gates"? Who knows. Microsoft is a strange company, but
my bet is it's just some kind of glitch.

"bf3qp9k" wrote:

> Help!
>
> When I go to WU - "Critical Updates and Service Packs" for a Windows 2000
> machine with SP4 and the rollup, I see 3 more updates to apply (GDI+
> detection tool, JScript update, and certificate validation flaw) but the
> total count of Critical Updates and Service Packs is 8. I can remove the
> three I see, but then the count is 5.
>
> Bug or feature? WU has never had trouble counting before. What are these 5
> unspecifed, non-negotiable updates? I've never been big on the black
> helicopter conspiracy theory crowd, but this makes me a tad paranoid! What's
> the deal?
>
> Henry

  • Re: Windows Update Issue
    ... If it is, then Microsoft has seriously screwed up and, as a result, many people have turned off Automatic Updates as a result. ... Seems to match with what others saw, and seems to add support to the theory that the GDI+ Detection Tool license agreement is the culprit. ... One thought I had, when AU is enabled and you receive a download that requires the user to accept an End User License Agreement, the AU Help FAQ states; ...
    (NT-Bugtraq)
  • Re: Boeing 747 & 777 autoland in crosswind certification video - impressive!
    ... the fact that Microsoft has engaged in criminal conspiracies (and ... >> actual criminal acts by the way) is a matter of record. ... engaging in a conspiracy and improving the user experience are ... Windows wasn't even a predominate operating ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Steve Gibson smokes crack?
    ... I wasn't agreeing its a conspiracy I was just saying they knew about ... but its hard to when we find out Microsoft knew ... > their history going back to before they purchased IE, ... > strategy were transposed onto administrators and users (now more ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Changing Desktops (stopping it)
    ... somehow think this was a flaw in Windows or some sort of microsoft ... conspiracy. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Boeing 747 & 777 autoland in crosswind certification video - impressive!
    ... the fact that Microsoft has engaged in criminal conspiracies (and ... They have NOT been even accused of a conspiracy such as the one you ... incompatibilities that make its competitors products appear inferior"), ... >> They don't do it for the purpose of making their competitors products ...
    (rec.aviation.piloting)