Re: HELP! Everything fails to install each time!

Hi FirstHandExp,

Information relating to Windows Update activity should be in the Windows
Update.log file located in the C:\WINNT folder (assuming that WIN2K is
installed on C drive.....if it's installed on another drive, change the
drive letter to reflect the location of WIN2K). Open this .log file in
Notepad, and copy/paste in a reply post the information that is date/time
stamped for the date and time that the SP4 update was unsuccessful (if need
be, take note of the date and time, access Windows Update to try d/loading
and installing it again, and then open the .log file after the computer has
restarted and copy/paste the information for the date and time that you
noted prior to accessing Windows Update).

I'd like to also suggest that you post the problem that you are
experiencing, along with the information that you copy from the Windows
Update.log file, in this newsgroup:
microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update
My first-hand knowledge of and experience with WIN2K is quite limited, as I
haven't had that OS on my computer for a few years now. I am thinking that
those who frequent the win2000.windows_update newsgroup may be better able
to assist you.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod