Re: getting rid of ie updates

Joel,

KB867282 and KB890923 are Critical Updates for IE.
KB891711 is not.
Which update has caused an issue ? Since IE's updates are cumulative
( this means that all IE updates are included in later ones ), any issue with them would be apparent immediately. So let's assume the issue is with KB891711. It was re-released as it was causing issues. Did you uninstall the earlier release and install the re-release ?
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=891711

You can obtain the update from Windows Update by following the steps laid out here :
How to download Windows updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323166

After doing Step 3 under " Download Windows updates from the Windows Update Catalog " then you can enter KB891711 in Advanced Search Options.
Download and save the update, do NOT run it. Close IE, then install it.

HTH,
MowGreen  [MVP 2004-2005]
===============
 *-343-*  FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

joel wrote:

I have installed several alleged critical ie updates and they have completely ruined my system; I'm running ME; how do I delete them?
KB890923; KB891711;KB867282

  • Re: Upgrade
    ... For me, the Windows Update Catalog worked for 329115, as described on the ... Please read http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm on how to post messages to NG's "Noel Paton" wrote in message ... > I'll try it over the weekend and see what I can see - my test box has a> fresh install of ME on it for me to play with. ...
  • Re: Cumulative Security Update for IE failed.
    ... Iuctl.dll is necessary for obtaining updates from the Windows Update Catalog: ... How to download updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog ... Close Internet Explorer and install it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Browser goes to unwanted page when invalid web address is entered.
    ... Download Windows updates and drivers from the Windows Update Catalog ... If you have to obtain this update to install later on one or more than one ...
  • Re: Windows update
    ... Yes, you can download them with one machine, burn them on a CD, then install ... then navigate to Windows Update. ... Under See Also, click Windows Update Catalog. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Standalone install Updates for WinME?
    ... Go to the windows update catalog, and you can download the individual ... > I am looking for the 'standalone' install, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)