Re: Windows XP update download problem, error 0x80246008 ?

Hi Patti
Thanks for yr. patience and giving yet another tip.
I tried the trouble shooter for 0x80248013 - Stopped autom. update, deleted
required files and started autom. update again - unfortunately still all
remaining 10 security updates recommended by Microsoft still failed to
download.

I wonder as to why the download problem is only with Microsoft upadate
files. Ths system is working with al other downloads I tried as experiment

Meanwhile I have deinstalled the WIN-XP SP2, run 'Spyblaster' , ' Spybot',
'Adaware' and updated Norton virus scanner. But the windows update download
is still failing.

Any further idea would be welcome.
Regards
angu01

"Patti MacLeod" wrote:

> Hi angu01,
>
> You're welcome for the tip :-)
>
> Following these instructions from the Windows Update Troubleshooter for
> error message 0x80248013 oftens fixes the 80070003 problem:
> http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=11&ln=en
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "angu01" <angu01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi Patti
> > Thanks a lot for yr. tip. Following it I could find the download error
> number.
> >
> > It is '80070003'
> >
> > It seems that while downloading some 'path' cannot be found. But I could
> not
> > find a clear description 'which path' and how to repair the problem ?
> >
> > Any hint from yr. side ?
> > Thanks and best regards
> > angu01
> >
> > "Patti MacLeod" wrote:
> >
> > > When at the Windows Update site, click on View installation history
> under
> > > Other Options on the left side of the page.
> > > For each of the failed updates, click on the Failed link under Status in
> the
> > > chart on the right side of the page. See if further information
> concerning
> > > the failure is presented to you.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > Patti MacLeod
> > > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> > >
> > > "angu01" <angu01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> failed.
> earlier.

> installation
> > > installation

> > > Parser:
> > > > >

> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4a3ad088-a893-4f0b-a932-5e024e74519f&DisplayLang=en

> 'netsvcs'
> > > as

> > > HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\Microsoft\windowsNT\CurrentVersion\SvcHost
> > > (there
> it is
> in
> > > the
> the

> for
> > > the
> > > > > > >

> http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5consumer/showarticle.aspx?articleid=9&ln=en

> > > protect

> > > install
> > > fails
> Win-XP

> archive
> > > for
> (at
> > > least
> in

> three

> ....netsvs'
> > > for

  • Re: Windows XP update download problem, error 0x80246008 ?
    ... After d/loading and installing, restart your computer. ... Regards, ... Patti MacLeod ... But every time the download itself fails ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    ... I noticed now one thing though that out of 14 downloads recommended by ... The installation of the 2 updates - as reported by automatic installation ... Regards ... "Patti MacLeod" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows XP update download problem, error 0x80246008 ?
    ... Following it I could find the download error number. ... Thanks and best regards ... "Patti MacLeod" wrote: ... > When at the Windows Update site, click on View installation history under ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: JOKES zip file
    ... Thanks so much Patti! ... Perhaps you can access a cleaner from a lesser-known Antivirus ... > Here is the link to download Avasts's Virus Cleaner: ... >>> Boot to Safe Mode and run a full system scan with Norton ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows XP update download problem, error 0x80246008 ?
    ... I tried the information provided by Torgeir Bakken (MVP) mentioned in yr. ... the Windows download failure message only reports error nr. ... "Patti MacLeod" wrote: ... > problem involves files or services that are specific to Windows Update. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)