RE: windows update error code 0x80240004

From: Marty McGrath (MartyMcGrath_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/09/05

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 12:47:02 -0800

Sometimes I think I'm so darned smart!!! Running XP Pro and ANDand Norton
Internet Security, Norton Antivirus, and Webroot SpySweeper and
WindowWasher...was getting this error message...had turned off Norton, still
getting message; turned WebRoot programs off and have successfully downloaded
the "download" program update and will next try to download SP2, etc...if
this doesn't work, will be back!! Suggest helpers always suggest runing off
any propirietary "guardian" software before expe cting download to
work...Thanks!