Re: Windows Update Error 0x800B001

From: Taurarian (taurarianREMOVECAPS_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/08/05

Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 07:40:23 +1100

Error code 0x800B0001

Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Softpub.dll, and then click OK two times.
Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Mssip32.dll, and then click OK two times.
Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Initpki.dll, and then click OK two times.
Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 wintrust.dll, and then click OK two times

"ahomegirl19" <ahomegirl19@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My OS is XP SP1. I keep getting error cannot display requested page when I
> go Windows Update. Please help.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 0x800B0001
    ... Error code when you try to use Windows Update or Microsoft Update to install ... In the Run box, type regsvr32 Softpub.dll. ... but for everything else just get a prog opening mesage which asks me to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: WU Error 0x800A01AD
    ... There are further suggestions in it regarding XML support ... Error code 0x80070005. ... >> Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Wuaueng.dll, and then click OK two>> times. ... It would not let me d/l the update!! ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: error no 0x800b001
    ... Subject: Re: Windows Update Error 0x800B001 ... Report Abuse ... Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Softpub.dll, and then click OK two ... I get this error code when I try to connect to microsoft updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: WU Error 0x800A01AD
    ... but running that command fails. ... Error code 0x80070005. ... > Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 Wuaueng.dll, and then click OK two ... > I was going to start a thread "Where did the MS proggers park their brains ...