RE: Windows update never finishes

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 12/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:29:59 -0800

Hi Jelle,

Are you running any AntiVirus software?

If so what brand and version?
What are the settings set too?

Thank you

Eric

killed the job.

>Deleting the contens of the dowload directory didn't
help either.

>It started on the 15th when the new updates came
available.

>Help is much appriciated.
>
>Grtz,
>Jelle
>
>"Tipper Tie PC support" wrote:
>
>> Attempting the latest Windows update and it never
finishes. When it reaches
>> the stated size of the download, the next screen shows
a slightly larger
>> download size and it keeps growing. We are using
McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
>> 8.0.0. This will block downloads and block any
attempts to alter files but
>> these devices have been disabled. Any help is
appreciated
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Receiving a pop up window
    ... Winsock Fix Utility ... Download Sysclean.com, from Trend Micro, here: ... You might also want to get Art's updater, SYS-UP.Zip, here for future ... Please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit. ...
  • BITS Downloader not downloading dlls or exes (Application Updater Block)
    ... We are trying to get the application updater block working. ... working files types and the download and update just fine. ... must be some security setting on the server, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • Re: need free virus scanner???
    ... However, it is extremely thorough ... Download sysclean.com, from Trend Micro, here: ... to get Art's updater, SYS-UP.Zip, here for future updating of these: ... Do a complete scan of your system in Safe mode and clean or delete anything ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: need free virus scanner???
    ... >Download sysclean.com, from Trend Micro, here: ... >to get Art's updater, SYS-UP.Zip, here for future ... >Do a complete scan of your system in Safe mode and clean ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • RE: Windows update never finishes
    ... the Windows Directory? ... >The auto updater keeps downloading. ... >> download size and it keeps growing. ... This will block downloads and block any ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)