RE: Error number: 0x8024400A

From: Chris (Chris_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 19:49:07 -0700

I have received same error but my error happened after install media player
10 and I do not have .net1.1 installed and none of the above fixes worked for
me

"Joe" wrote:

> got the same problem here
> XP service pk2 +.net 1.1 +.net service pk1
> someone said run regsvr32 MSXML3.DLL can solve the problem
> It did work if you uninstall .net 1.1
> But after reinstall .net 1.1 and service pk1 , this ox8024400A back again
> And regsvr32.MSXML3.DLL trick no longer works
> seems it's a bug cause by .net1.1+service pk1. :(
>
> "cdhitman" wrote:
>
> > Anyone know what this error code means and how to repair it? Thanks.
> > (Error number: 0x8024400A)
> >
> > -Steve

Relevant Pages

  • RE: error code COOD10B3
    ... >> I CAN'T RUN VIDEOS. ... TRIED TO INSTALL MEDIA PLAYER AND RECEIVED AN ERROR CODE. ... MY SYSTEM IS WINDOWS ME. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • RE: 8007F06B
    ... RE INSTALL MEDIA PLAYER USING THE ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS. ... don't download and try to install it. ... On the edge Tabs Click Windows Components. ... the error code 8007F06B.What can I do? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Media Center 2004 and Media Player 10...PLEASE HELP
    ... I recently upgraded from media player 9 to 10, now when I select play music, ... it says I must install media player 9 or repair my current installation. ... was told to DL service pack 2, but when I try the site says my computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Cant play music in Media center player
    ... It keeps saying that i need to install media player 9 or repair current ... If anyone can help, i would be greatful ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • unknown error
    ... i have just install media player 10 and it has come up with error code ... coo11cd i cannot get into my media plyer at all is there anything i can do? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)