Re: How do I migrate TS CALs from Win Server 03 to SBS 08?

Based on what Vera wrote above, it would appear I don't have any choice but to buy new licenses. What's one more one-time cost, anyway? I'm doing my best to avoid VPN, such that $400 is well worth it for a few CALs.

Thanks.

Michael

"TP" <tperson.knowspamn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u0tgrl3CKHA.5956@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Michael,

The procedure in the past has been to call the clearinghouse and request TS CALs for your MSDN subscription. My guess is it is the same procedure since I do not see any way to download TS CALs via my MSDN subscription. I have had MSDN for perhaps 8 years now, and have not noticed the ability to retrieve TS CALs directly except for beta versions.
Since your subscription is no longer current I am unsure if they will still issue the CALs to you. Please see this document:

Terminal Services Licensing for MSDN Versions of Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/263446

Thanks.

-TP

Michael Katz [ex-MVP] wrote:
Hi there,

I had an MSDN subscription back in the day via which I obtained Win
Server 2003. Presumably, these came with TS CALs (I'm still learning
about term serv licensing, so if I'm wrong please feel free to let me
know). If they did indeed come with licenses, how do I migrate those
CALs over onto my SBS 08 box?

Thanks.

Michael

.