Re: Constant Hourglass

OK, back to the basics of troubleshooting, then.
From my first reply + some additonal questions:

Sounds like a problem with loading the user profile, especially
since you have excluded the logon script as the culprit.
Have you checked the EventLog? Can you post any warnings and
errors (EventID and Source) regarding profile load and unload
errors?
Is this happening to all users, or just some of the users?
What kind of profiles are you using, local or roaming?
Have you checked the size of the user profiles?

I would also enable verbose logging of the user enviroment:

221833 - How to enable user environment debug logging in retail
builds of Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221833
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Jeffery Rehm" <abs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 12 jun 2008 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

Spoke too soon. Started the same behavior a few days later. I
was reading that some Citrix users are having the same issue and
it seems to be happening during the execution of the logon
script, but I tried it with a user that has no script and it
still does it. It's driving me nuts and the users are raising
hell big time. I'm at a loss with the exception of wiping the
TS and reinstalling to see if that fixes it.

"Vera Noest [MVP]" <vera.noest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message
OK, I'm glad you have solved the problem, and thanks for
reporting the solution back to the group!
Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Absolutely" <abs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 04 jun 2008 in
microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

Got to poking around and found that a user had printed a doc
to the MS Document Writer back in February, which is about
when the weirdness started. Document was hanging in there and
the spooler was consuming the processor. Blew out the document
and everything came back to life... for now anyway.

wrote in message
Sounds like a problem with loading the user profile.
Have you checked the EventLog? Can you post any warnings and
errors (EventID and Source) regarding profile load and unload
errors? Is this happening to all users, or just some of the
users?
Vera Noest MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

"Jeffery Rehm" <jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 03 jun 2008
in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

Running TS on 2003 Server. Am having an intermittent
problem where when logging in the cursor will stay hourglass
forever. Only thing you can do is disconnect the session.
Cannot logout or anything else within the session.

  • Re: Logon scripts not running on "migrated" user profiles
    ... profile, ... script does not seem to run on these migrated profiles. ... I am pushing out the logon script via GPO. ... this probably isn't the most support scenario for a domain migration, ...
  • Re: ADMT cleanup
    ... You may create a script and deploy this script as a logon script. ... script you need get the logon user name and create a named folder in the ... | generic login "sales," that does not use any roaming profile or file ...
  • Re: MapNetworkDrive not working during first logon
    ... is mapped automatically as part of the users profile. ... if I open a command prompt and switch to one of the mapped drives I ... script runs I get the popup message ... No path is specified for the logon script itself. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Logon Script Help (Long)
    ... I need help modifying my logon script for my SBS 03 Server, ... closest to the workstation they are logged onto. ... everyone’s roaming profile soon, so they will be forced to use the updated ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Restricting Guest Account
    ... Your last post was really helpful in terms of a troubleshooting ... I had checked the privacy settings, the profile was restricted to my own ... all of the bookmarks in the new account ant that took care of the issue. ... you were having with your Firefox bookmarks. ...