RE: site and profil mandatory

Dear Customer,

Thanks for posting here.

If I don't misunderstand, there are 4 Terminal Servers in your domain and
they have different profiles with different software configuration. I'd
like to check with you whether the system can work normally with a common
roaming profile when you use the same domain account to connect on these
different Terminal servers. If conflict occurs due to different software
configurations, I'd like to recommend that we do not use roaming profiles
for the Terminal servers.

An option is to use folder redirection (for example, redirect My
Documents). You may save the files and folders in the My Documents and
redirect it to a server. In this way, you can have the same My Documents
folder on different Terminal servers.

Here are some references for you:

Configuration of the My Documents Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/221837

Redirecting the My Documents Folder for All Users in Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216463

I hope this can help. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

  • Re: Windows 200 Server terminal server profiles
    ... > allusers\desktop on the terminal servers the users do not get the icons. ... > create a new user profile they get the new icons. ... > profiles but not roaming profiles. ... Have a look in your "Documents and Settings" folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: Mandatory TS user profiles... Admin rights
    ... The configurations that I enabled for my TSLockdown GPO "Computer ... Configuration" took effect immediately. ... From what I have read this can be accomplished with TS user profiles. ... -I created a shared folder on TS1 called TSProfiles ...
  • Re: Terminal Services Profile
    ... Specifies whether Terminal Services uses the specified network path ... for roaming user profiles. ... access the same profile for sessions on all terminal servers in the ... Do not specify a placeholder for user ...
  • NT4 users in mixed mode environment not receiving their roaming profiles
    ... All users, both NT4 and AD, have Terminal Services profiles configured. ... They do NOT have standard roaming profiles. ... When NT4 users log into the terminal servers, ...
  • Re: Backup TS Recommendations Please
    ... Create roaming profiles for the users, ... the server which at the moment is used to store your backup files. ... No, I don't change very much on our Terminal Servers, I touch them ... takes to test the install/update before taking in into production. ...