Re: Installing Excel 2003 to Windows 2003 Terminal Server

Do other office apps work? Can an admin use the Excel?

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
Citrix Technology Professional
Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

Will wrote:
After instaling Office 2003 Small Business Edition to a W2K3 Terminal Server
in Application Mode, an ordinary user on the box is unable to start Excel.
Excel 2003 starts to the main windows and then presents the modal dialog
with the error "Feature is not available" and after hitting OK on the dialog
Excel quits.

The Microsoft page for installing Office 2003 to a terminal server says that
you can use the non Enterprise versions of Office as long as the users have
individual licenses to use Office, and that is the case here. There are
only two Excel users on this machine and both have licenses reserved to this
one computer.

Is there some trick to getting Excel to work for ordinary users in a
Terminal Server install?

  • Installing Excel 2003 to Windows 2003 Terminal Server
    ... After instaling Office 2003 Small Business Edition to a W2K3 Terminal Server ... an ordinary user on the box is unable to start Excel. ...
  • RE: Excel Screen Refresh Problem in Terminal Server
    ... we get Screen Refresh Issue in Excel. ... But, when using Excel 2003 on Windows 2000 Terminal Server, there is NO ...
  • Opening files in Excel 2003 saved in Excel 2000 without data loss...
    ... My company uses a Terminal Server environment to run some very ... Any time I open an Excel document saved in Excel '00 which has Macro's ... The one workbook which now displays this issue ... opened and re-saved in Excel '00 (which opens the workbook with no ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • RE: Excel Screen Refresh Problem in Terminal Server
    ... it and installed Office 2002, and I was surprised to see that the ... heet, the screen refreshes slowly. ... We have a terminal server on which 50 users logon via terminal services to ... All the users using Excel 2003, are facing screen refresh problem heavily. ...
  • Installing Excel to Windows 2003 Terminal Server
    ... After instaling Office 2003 Small Business Edition to a W2K3 Terminal Server ... an ordinary user on the box is unable to start Excel. ... He gets "Feature is not available" and after hitting OK on the dialog Excel ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)