Re: Move Terminal Services Profiles to another Volume

I guess I didn't post correctly what I am looking to do. I want to move the local profiles on the terminal server to the d volume instead of c I do not want to move individual users workstation profiles only the copies saved on the terminal server.

Thanks,

Vera Noest [MVP] wrote:
Here's the equivalent for W2K and 2003:

236621 - Cannot Move or Rename the Documents and Settings Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=236621

Vera Noest
TS troubleshooting: http://ts.veranoest.net
___ please respond in newsgroup, NOT by private email ___

Jeff Pitsch <Jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 15 maj 2007
in microsoft.public.windows.terminal_services:

It says for WinXP but it's the same for Win2k3 and quite
possibly Win2k.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314843/en-us

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
Citrix Technology Professional
Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

Chris wrote:

When my Terminal Server was intially setup the users were set
with roaming profiles being stored on the c volume of the
terminal server. I am running out of space on that server and
would like to change the path to save the profiles on the d volume of the terminal server. I can't seem to find where I would change this and can't find any
articles on how to do this. Can anyone point me to information
or give me an idea on how I can do this?

Thanks,

Chris

  • Re: Terminal Server Roaming Profiles and Outlook 2007
    ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... "Jeff Pitsch" wrote: ... Most companies especially large ones want the profile to be correct for each user, not showing someone else on splash screens, etc, especially when it comes to the use credentials when office shows who has a particular file open. ...
  • Re: Group Policy TS User Home setting
    ... Jeff Pitsch ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... However the setup does not use any per-user account settings, such as terminal server home/profile settings, logon scripts are configured using GPO, folder redirection, ts roaming profiles and ts home is configured using GPO. ...
  • Re: Terminal Server Roaming Profiles
    ... "Jeff Pitsch" wrote: ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... Citrix Technology Professional ... think the profiles are coming from there is that I removed the share and all ...
  • Re: RDP-Tcp permissions not viewable
    ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... Get support from the experts at your business ... Jeff Pitsch wrote: ...
  • Re: Cached profile not deleting
    ... Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... I should have added to my first message that this is the first time I have worked with terminal server. ... "Jeff Pitsch" wrote: ... being closed properly on your profiles thereby preventing them from being deleted. ...