Re: TS Printing - jobs stuck in queue

Hi,

Can you check if the port associated with the redirected printer [when the job gets stuck in the print queue] is a valid TS port or is it an "inactive" TS port ?

--

Thanks,
Priya.

"JD" <JD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AFFFB068-3AC6-4772-AD43-17519EEBFF1E@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

My printing envrionment is set up so that each printer is installed on the
TS via IP and when the clients log in it does not auto create printers, they
just use the printers installed on the server.

I have one printer that works perfectly for non TS printing but when a user
logs in and uses it through TS it works only if they print to it
consistently. If there is an hour or so gap between print jobs the next job
gets stuck in the queue. And oddly enough it does print after the user logs
out of TS and back in.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

JD

  • Re: Strange WAN Activity
    ... > firewall logs for a possible TCP FIN scan that keeps ... > company's intranet server IP and its port 80 across our ... > My firewall is a Sonicwall Pro 200 and I'm running W2K ... It's difficult to be sure without inspecting the web server for signs of ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Identifying Internet Attacks
    ... contain the hacker to a particular machine, leave the machine on the network ... Some firewall software such as ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ... firewall logs, the IIS web and ftp server logs and Windows security event ...
  • Re: Question about file permissions
    ... system log files. ... the system logs. ... such _may_ offer a better chance of connecting. ... to connect know about the non-standard port. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: printing issues
    ... Either the Port is not available or the Print Queue is ... You can add this if it is gone StringValue LPT1: ... nothing is printing on my HP Laserjet 6P. ... > the print queue, but nothing ever seems to make it to the printer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.printing)
  • Re: printing issues
    ... Either the Port is not available or the Print Queue is ... You can add this if it is gone StringValue LPT1: ... nothing is printing on my HP Laserjet 6P. ... > the print queue, but nothing ever seems to make it to the printer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.hardware)