Re: User Profile Disappears

Roaming or local profiles? If roaming, is the profile actually being saved
onto the remote server? Do you have UPHClean loaded (if not, do it)? If
local, when the user logs in, look at control panel, system, advanced, user
profiles and see what sort of profile it is.

Jeff Pitsch
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services
http://www.sbcgatekeeper.com
Your Terminal Services Security Website

"razor" <razor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
It does happen to any user that logs onto that server vs the domain, but
it
only happens on that particular server--and we don't use OUs, so I'm not
sure
how a group policy could be causing it.

sd

"Hank Arnold" wrote:

Is this happening to anyone else? Sounds like Group Policy is set to not
save the profile.

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"razor" <razor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello--

Each time one of our outside consultants remotes into one of our
servers,
his profile is rebuilt and all of his settings, desktop icons, etc. are
lost.

The box he is remoting into is running on Windows Server 2003 with SP1.

Please advise!!

sd

  • RE: need to migrate a older win 2003 srvr sbs to newer one
    ... as I assume I should reading upon Windows Server 2003 inside out book. ... there are three method to move the SBS 2k3 to new ... Also check the path of the public folder database ... Another way is to create a local profile, ...
  • RE: SBS2003 changed hardware
    ... For your situation, the old server hardware has failed, we only have to do ... the Disaster Recovery of SBS if you have full backup of your SBS. ... Another way is to create a local profile, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPCH Over HTTP config
    ... Assuming that "Web Workplace Users" is used to grant access to the Remote ... permissions to this new group to grant access to the Remote Web Workplace ... Small Business Server through the Internet ... profile configured for the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 - Move Profiles, Etc. from 2000 Server
    ... moving PST on old server. ... guide in SBS 2003, we have a white paper for this kinds of migration, ... Another way is to create a local profile, ... Click Personal Folders File, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RPCH Over HTTP config
    ... See the link called "Configure your computer to use Outlook via the ... Small Business Server through the Internet ... profile configured for the server. ... If Microsoft Exchange Server does not appear in the list, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)