Re: Terminal Server login issue

Hi Everyone.

You have diffrent places to look if you don't have the rights to log on.
First check local policies:

First create a new group (local or Domain).

Local Computer Policy --> Computer configuration --> Windows Settings -->
Security Settings --> Local Policies --> User Rights Assignment

Here we have 5 interessting Policies:

Access this computer from the network.
Allow logon using TS.
Allow logon localy.

Please add the new generated group to those policies.

Please make sure that no user or Group are in those 2 Policies:

Deny loggon using TS
Deny access this computer from network.

Also you have to check the permissions on the RDP-Connection. Go to Terminal
Services Configuration --> connections --> RDP --> Properties --> Permission
here you have to add this group as well.

Sometimes TS has problems with integrated groups, that is the reason for
creating a new group.

After checking this the problem should be solved.

--
Yellowcab the NooB
=============================

"Big E" <BigE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> After I install terminal server services on my Windows 2003 Enterprise
> server
> I get this error message:
>
> To log on to this remote computer you must have Terminal Server User
> access
> permission on this computer. By default members of the Remote Desktop User
> Group have these permissions. If you are not a member of the remote
> desktop
> user group or another group that has these permissions or if the remote
> desktop user group does not have the permission you must be granted these
> permission manually.
>
> I added in the users to logon to the terminal server to the remote desktop
> user group on the server. I also added in my administrator account and
> still
> got this error.
>
> Does anyone know what is wrong?
>
> Thanks
>
> Big E

  • Re: Assigning User Policy
    ... in that already applied policies were exempted after ntfs deny permissions ... > have already been configured will still be applied even after setting NTFS ... > permissions to deny read access to the group you are trying to exclude. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: which policy resets secuirty permisions on files/directories?
    ... > computer reboots or refreshes the policies, ... has set these permissions on that folder or possibly a parent folder. ... think the problem is in the local group policy on the computer. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: terminal Services Policies not working
    ... I have a server that is only being used as a for Terminal Server. ... Administrators would need full desktops. ... We then are trying to set up the Policies from the Group Policy Object ... Group Policy Editor for Domains also have some policies for the Terminal ...
  • Re: terminal Services Policies not working
    ... You can filter your GPOs with user groups. ... You should also use "loopback processing" of the GPO, ... MCSE, CCEA, Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server ... > I find that some of the policies for Terminal Server don't work ...
  • Re: Block GPO across trusted domains
    ... On Domain A. users are subjected to several policies ... On Domain B is a Terminal Server with a loopback policy (in ... > accounts as well, so if you have any computer-specific policy in that GPO, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)