Desperate for help - sorry!!

Hi all,

Am at the end of my tether with getting RDP to work with Terminal
Services. After lots of playing around/fixing etc, we have the
following situation:

1. Using Thinstation, we can boot into Terminal Services (2003) via PXE
ONLY FROM CERTAIN MAC ADDRESSES.

These are the same MAC addresses for PCs which are currently NOT using
Terminal Services, and just log onto the network normally via XP
Pro/W2K Pro.

Swapping the network cards over from a "non-working" machine with one
from a "working machine" and booting via PXE had the expected result -
It booted the old "non-working pc" as long as I put a "working pc"
network card in it

NICs are all 3C905C-TX-M

DHCP works fine, TFTP works fine. It is literally that last "bit" where
we would expect to get the logon screen where it all fails. I also do
not see any messages in the event logs on the servers.

Lastly, I DID try deleting the leased DHCP address for one of the XP
Pro machines, and then PXE boot off it (so it was effectively getting a
completely new IP), and this STILL worked. This would point out to me
that some relation between license and MAC address is being held
somewhere other than in DHCP

TS Licensing is "open" per user

We have 9 PCs that needed to go live last week... am in the frying pan
here guys!!!

Thanks!!
Rajiv

  • Re: Preventing DHCP from allocating IPs
    ... Each segment is physically separate with a Linux ... unknown MAC addresses firstly don't get a DHCP ... >> wants access to your network, they will have to come to you to obtain ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Secure your DHCP
    ... I can only think of allocating via dhcp reservation using network card ... Create an exclusion of your whole DHCP scope (So no IP's are free to be ... assign each mac address an Ip address from what was in your pool. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: static IP addresses on LAN
    ... One Mac is an intel iMac, ... it is connected to the network and internet... ... If I instead configure it to use DHCP, then it gets assigned the wrong IP ... The other possibility is that you have more than 1 router. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: works on desk computer but not on wireless laptop
    ... RARP server, the DHCP server, or manually? ... So I chose that and now it wants to know the DHCP Client ID. ... And a 12 character number like a Mac ID. ... The OEM computer MAC address is the same as the DHCP ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Iptables port 5353 -
    ... I would think she must have access to the DNS server provided by ... don't recall what was done and I am lost whenever I use her Mac ... ... server supplied by the DHCP server. ...
    (Fedora)