Re: audio/video out of sync - windows 2003 term serv
- From: "Benny Tritsch [MVP]" <bt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 16:16:39 -0700
The behavior you observe is well-known. Terminal servers do not perform well
with multimedia data streams. There is no solution I can recommend --
besides unlimited network bandwidth. Even Citrix gave up their VideoFrame
product which was supposed to solve the problem, but which was not accepted
by the market.
Dr. Bernhard Tritsch, WTSTEK.COM
Author of "Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services", Microsoft Press
Microsoft MVP Windows Server - Terminal Server
"Paul" <paul.eccleston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> hi i am looking at putting in a microsoft windows 2003 terminal services
> solution for the student network here. i have done some testing with audio
> and video streaming via windows media player and have found that there is
> noticable delay between the audio and video, and also slight stuttering
> between frames, has anybody found a solution to this?, does citrix give
> improvements?, or is this just not possible in a terminal session because
> the way terminal sessions are displayed?.
> any replies very very welcome.
- Prev by Date: Re: tsweb over ssl
- Next by Date: Re: Hybrid XP + Thin Client Screensaver conflict
- Previous by thread: audio/video out of sync - windows 2003 term serv
- Next by thread: Re: audio/video out of sync - windows 2003 term serv